Hydrovac Operator - Virginia Beach, VA
Location: Virginia Beach, VA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 22, 2023
Badger Daylighting, and its parent company Badger Infrastructure Solutions Ltd. (TSX:BDGI), is North America’s largest provider of non-destructive excavating services and a leader in the hydro-excavation industry! Badger manufactures and designs our truck-mounted hydrovac units, giving us the opportunity to incorporate feedback from our hydrovac operators into existing and future design and manufacturing processes. We are always seeking dedicated and talented people to join our team! Visit www.careers.badgerinc.com for details.
We are seeking experienced Hydrovac Operators to operate our custom and purpose built commercial Hydrovac trucks!
Salary: $30.00 per hour and up based on experience with many opportunities for pay increases and career advancement! Up to a $4 per hour rate increase upon completion of training and branch manager sign off.
- Full availability and understanding to work variable hours averaging between 30-70 hours weekly depending on slow and peak seasons. Weekends and extended hours as needed.
- Required travel up to 25% based on job assignment need.
- Attend safety meetings and ensures all tasks are always completed in a safe and professional manner.
- Safely operate the on-board hydro-vacuum system outside the truck and perform other duties such as clean-up, mobilization, and general maintenance of the equipment to ensure the unit operates at max capacity.
- Responsible for the successful completion of hydro excavation projects including utility line exposure, debris removal, trenching, and digging, using a high-pressure wand to loosen the soil and a vacuum system to remove the debris or build-up.
- Communicate effectively, professionally and demonstrate a strong customer service focus in all interactions.
- Troubleshoot minor mechanical issues and as the need arises perform minor repairs to equipment.
- Use Badger provided technology (iPad) for field ticketing and time and attendance.
- Properly document all Badger, Federal, State, and Customer paperwork as required by law and/or established policy in a clear and legible manner.
- Previous hydrovac, trucking, vacuum truck, or other related industrial experience preferred.
- Must have a minimum CDL A or B license, with an acceptable driving record.
- Experience driving a manual transmission (10-18 speed) preferred.
- Tanker endorsement required.
- OSHA10 safety certification is required. (If applicant does not hold this certification, Badger will pay for computer-based training with applicant completing on-line course within 5 days of hiring. Certification is the property of the applicant.)
- Safety certifications preferred (e.g., First Aid/CPR, Fall Protection, Confined Space).
- Experience in a labor-intensive position and working outside in all types of weather conditions.
- Capable of working variable shifts with extended hours.
- Ability to work independently in a team and safety focused environment.
- Skills in operating heavy equipment and machines proficiently and safely.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
Candidates will be required to successfully complete pre-employment screening, which includes criminal background check, MVR history, drug test, physical (DOT & Non- DOT), and must meet all physical demands of the job (listed below) as determined by a Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE).
Physical Demands to be met include:
- Hear and distinguish emergency signals and instructions while on duty.
- Repetitively sit, lift, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, reach, and crawl.
- Repeatedly lift a maximum of 50 pounds.
- Cleared to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Climb ladders, and work from stationary platforms from elevated heights.
- Work in loud environments and may require use of ear plugs.
Why Apply at Badger?
- Competitive weekly pay and overtime opportunities.
- Generous annual paid time off.
- 401(k) employer match.
- Health care benefits.
- Employees can receive up to a $4000 bonus by referring a friend to join the company (location dependent).
- Safety is a top priority at Badger. All operators receive extensive computer based and on the job training during the first 3 months of employment.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Badger Daylighting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.