Semi-Vac Operator - Regina, SK
Location: Regina, SK, Canada
Date Posted: Jan 26, 2023
Badger Daylighting, and its parent company Badger Infrastructure Solutions Ltd. (TSX:BDGI), is North America’s largest provider of non-destructive excavating services and a leader in the hydro-excavation industry! Badger manufactures and designs our truck-mounted hydrovac units, giving us the opportunity to incorporate feedback from our hydrovac operators into existing and future design and manufacturing processes. We are always seeking dedicated and talented people to join our team! Visit www.careers.badgerinc.com for details.
We are seeking experienced Hydrovac Operators to operate our custom and purpose built commercial Hydrovac trucks! Staring wages are $28 and up per hour, based on experience with opportunities for pay increases and career advancement!
- Full availability and understanding to work variable hours averaging between 30-70 hours weekly depending on slow and peak seasons. Weekends and extended hours as needed.
- Required travel up to 25% based on job assignment need.
- Attend safety meetings and ensures all tasks are always completed in a safe and professional manner.
- Safely operate the on-board hydro-vacuum system outside the truck and perform other duties such as clean-up, mobilization, and general maintenance of the equipment to ensure the unit operates at max capacity.
- Responsible for the successful completion of hydro excavation projects including utility line exposure, debris removal, trenching, and digging, using a high-pressure wand to loosen the soil and a vacuum system to remove the debris or build-up.
- Communicate effectively, professionally and demonstrate a strong customer service focus in all interactions.
- Troubleshoot minor mechanical issues and as the need arises perform minor repairs to equipment.
- Use Badger provided technology (iPad) for field ticketing, time, and attendance.
- Properly document all Badger, Federal, Provincial, and Customer paperwork as required by law and/or established policy in a clear and legible manner.
- Previous hydrovac, trucking, vacuum truck or other related industrial experience preferred.
- Must have a minimum Class 1, 3 or DZ license (A-D license in Ontario) with airbrake endorsement, and an acceptable driving record.
- Experience driving a manual transmission (10-18 speed) preferred.
- Safety certifications preferred (e.g. First Aid/CPR, C.S.T.S, H2S Alive, Fall Protection, Confined Space, OSSA and Ground Disturbance).
- Experience in a labour-intensive position and working outside in all types of weather conditions.
- Capable of working variable shifts with extended hours.
- Ability to work independently in a team and safety focused environment.
- Mechanical inclination is an asset.
Candidates will be required to successfully complete pre-employment screening, which includes driver’s abstract review and drug and alcohol test.
Why Apply at Badger?
- Competitive weekly pay and overtime opportunities.
- Generous paid vacation time.
- RRSP employer match.
- Health care benefits.
- Employees can receive up to a $4000 bonus by referring a friend to join the company (location dependent).
- Safety is a top priority at Badger. All operators receive extensive computer based and on the job training during the first 3 months of employment.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Badger Daylighting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.