Hydrovac Operator - Westchester County, NY
Location: Westchester County, NY, United States
Date Posted: Jan 26, 2023
Badger Daylighting, and its parent company Badger Infrastructure Solutions Ltd. (TSX:BDGI), is North America’s largest provider of non-destructive excavating services and a leader in the hydro-excavation industry! Badger manufactures and designs our truck-mounted hydrovac units, giving us the opportunity to incorporate feedback from our hydrovac operators into existing and future design and manufacturing processes. We are always seeking dedicated and talented people to join our team! Visit www.careers.badgerinc.com for details.
We are seeking experienced Hydrovac Operators to operate our custom and purpose built commercial Hydrovac trucks!
Salary: Union wages and benefits to be discussed directly with the Branch Manager.
- Full availability and understanding to work variable hours averaging between 30-70 hours weekly depending on slow and peak seasons. Weekends and extended hours as needed.
- Travel may be required based on job assignment need.
- Attend safety meetings and ensures all tasks are always completed in a safe and professional manner.
- Safely operate the on-board hydro-vacuum system outside the truck and perform other duties such as clean-up, mobilization, and general maintenance of the equipment to ensure the unit operates at max capacity.
- Responsible for the successful completion of hydro excavation projects including utility line exposure, debris removal, trenching, and digging, using a high-pressure wand to loosen the soil and a vacuum system to remove the debris or build-up.
- Communicate effectively, professionally and demonstrate a strong customer service focus in all interactions.
- Troubleshoot minor mechanical issues and as the need arises perform minor repairs to equipment.
- Use Badger provided technology (iPad) for field ticketing, time, and attendance.
- Properly document all Badger, Federal, State, and Customer paperwork as required by law and/or established policy in a clear and legible manner.
- Previous hydrovac, trucking, vacuum truck, or other related industrial experience preferred.
- Must have a minimum CDL A or B license, with an acceptable driving record.
- Experience driving a manual transmission (10-18 speed) preferred.
- Tanker endorsement required.
- OSHA10 safety certification is required. (If applicant does not hold this certification, Badger will pay for computer-based training with applicant completing on-line course within 5 days of hiring. Certification is the property of the applicant.)
- Safety certifications preferred (e.g., First Aid/CPR, Fall Protection, Confined Space).
- Experience in a labor-intensive position and working outside in all types of weather conditions.
- Capable of working variable shifts with extended hours.
- Ability to work independently in a team and safety focused environment.
- Skills in operating heavy equipment and machines proficiently and safely.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
Candidates will be required to successfully complete pre-employment screening, which may include background check, MVR history and a drug test.
This position is in a region that is covered under a collective bargaining agreement; the successful applicant may be required to join the union as a condition of employment.
Why Apply at Badger?
- Employees can receive up to a $4000 bonus by referring a friend to join the company (location dependent).
- Safety is a top priority at Badger. All operators receive extensive computer based and on the job training during the first 3 months of employment.
- Union wages and benefits to be discussed directly by the Branch Manager during an interview.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Badger Daylighting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.