Assistant Hydrovac Operator - West Palm Beach, FL
Location: West Palm Beach, FL, United States
Date Posted: Jan 26, 2023
Badger Daylighting, and its parent company Badger Infrastructure Solutions Ltd. (TSX: BDGI), is North America’s largest provider of non-destructive excavating services and a leader in the hydro-excavation industry! Badger manufactures and designs our truck-mounted hydrovac units, giving us the opportunity to incorporate feedback from our hydrovac operators into existing and future design and manufacturing processes. We are always seeking dedicated and talented people to join our team! Visit www.careers.badgerinc.com for details.
We are seeking experienced Assistant Hydrovac Operators to operate our purpose built commercial Hydrovac System alongside a Hydrovac Operator.
Salary: Union wages and benefits to be discussed directly with the Branch Manager.
- Full availability and understanding to work variable hours averaging between 40-60 hours weekly depending on slow and peak seasons. Weekends and extended hours as needed.
- Safely operate the on-board hydro-vacuum system outside the truck and perform other duties such as clean-up, mobilization, and general maintenance of the equipment.
- Always communicate effectively and professionally and to demonstrate a strong customer service focus in all interactions.
- Troubleshoot minor mechanical issues and as the need arises perform minor repairs to equipment.
- Attend safety meetings and ensures all tasks are always completed in a safe and professional manner.
- Must be able to follow direction and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Use Company provided technology (iPad) for field ticketing and time and attendance.
- Properly document all Company, Government and Customer paperwork as required by law and/or established policy in a clear and legible manner.
- Previous hydrovac, trucking, vacuum truck or other related industrial experience preferred.
- Must have an acceptable driving record.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- OSHA10 safety card certification is required. (If applicant does not hold this certification, Badger will pay for computer-based training with applicant completing on-line course within 5 days of hiring. Certification is the property of the applicant.)
- Experience in a labor-intensive position and working outside in all types of weather conditions.
- Ability to work independently in a team and safety focused environment.
- Mechanical inclination is an asset.
- Capable of working variable shifts with extended hours.
- Experience in a labour-intensive position and working outside in all types of weather conditions.
Physical Demands Requirements
- Must be able to hear and distinguish emergency signals and instructions while on duty.
- Must be able to repetitively sit, lift, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, reach, and crawl.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in all outdoor elements for extended periods of time.
- Confined Space Entry may be required to accomplish tasks for some clients when applicable.
- Must be cleared to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Must be able to climb ladders, and work from stationary platforms from elevated heights.
- Must be capable of working extended hours and variable shifts.
Candidates will be required to successfully complete pre-employment screening, which may include criminal background check, MVR history and a drug test.
This position is in a region that is covered under a collective bargaining agreement; the successful applicant may be required to join the union as a condition of employment.
Why Apply at Badger?
- Employees can receive up to a $4000 bonus by referring a friend to join the company (location dependent).
- Safety is a top priority at Badger. All operators receive extensive computer based and on the job training during the first 3 months of employment.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Badger Daylighting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.