Welder, Journeyman - Red Deer, AB
Location: Red Deer, AB, Canada
Date Posted: Jan 26, 2023
Badger is currently recruiting for a 3rd year or Journeyperson Welder. We are the only company in North America that manufactures our own Hydrovac Trucks which are built at our Red Deer, AB Manufacturing facility!
Badger offers competitive salary, an incredible work environment, training, and career advancement opportunities. We offer a comprehensive benefit program which includes Health, Dental, Disability, Life, Employer Matching Retirement Savings Program and Vacation / Paid Time Off.
If you are in a welding trade program or a Journeyman who has excellent fabrication skills, takes pride in their work, and is committed to the job we want to talk to you!
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations, and compliances
- Perform all welding related duties including grinding and housekeeping
- Operate overhead cranes
- Complete all assigned data tracking and related forms
- Follow work procedures and / or visual standard operating procedures
- Complete work to as per schedule and within allotted time
- Learn and implement new welding procedures, systems, and techniques
- Ability to work safely with little supervision
- Communicate any unsafe conditions or accidents/injuries in a timely manner to the supervisor to facilitate prompt correction or reporting
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Shape component parts, clean and check for defects
- Attend and participate in daily, weekly and monthly meetings
- Perform other assigned work as required
- Must be an Alberta Certified Journeyperson or have an Interprovincial Red Seal Endorsement.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience required.
- Proficient in gas, metal, and arc welding (GMAW) with solid wire and metal core process welding all positions.
- Experience in metal core and aluminum welding is an asset.
- Competent in all steel welding practices.
- All welding related household duties including grinding and housekeeping
- Experience operation of overhead cranes.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work well under pressure, with strong attention to detail in a busy environment; both in a team and independently.
- Must possess solid interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally always.
- Willingness to engage in continuous improvements with a solution focused approach.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment while demonstrating patience.
- Must be willing to complete a weld-test.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
Candidate will be required to successfully complete pre-employment screening, which includes criminal background check, education verification and a drug and alcohol test.
Successful candidates must provide their own safety footwear -CSA/ANSI approved, steel or composite toe, puncture resistant, min.15 cm (6”) high, min. 1.2cm (½’) heel). Other personal protective equipment (hard hat, safety glasses, safety vests, etc.) will be provided.
Badger Daylighting, and its parent company Badger Infrastructure Solutions Ltd. (TSX:BDGI), is North America’s largest provider of non-destructive excavating services. We work for contractors and facility owners in a broad range of infrastructure industries, including energy generation, electricity and natural gas transmission networks, roads and highways, telecommunications, water and sewage treatment and general municipal infrastructure.