Electrical Assembler - Red Deer, AB
Location: Red Deer, AB, Canada
Date Posted: Sep 14, 2023
Badger is currently recruiting for an Electrical Assembler in our Red Deer Manufacturing plant. The Electrical Assembler will work with team members on the assembly and installation of AC and DC control systems and will be expected to play a key role in on-site activities.
Badger offers competitive salary, an incredible work environment, training, and career advancement opportunities. We offer a comprehensive benefit program which includes Health, Dental, Disability, Life, Employer Matching Retirement Savings Program and Vacation / Paid Time Off.
- Work from schematics and job instructions
- Installing and terminating conduit, wire, cable, equipment, panels, sensors and various control components and devices specific to heavy truck systems.
- Fabrication and construction of control panels, installation of wire harnesses and assistance of systems start-up.
- Pre-assembly and finish wiring of control systems
- Installs electrical control circuits for motors and control devices for various electrical devices
- Ensures accuracy and completion of assigned tasks and projects
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other maintenance work
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Will interface with the Safety department in regard to repairs and additions or changes as it relates to safety interaction for employees
- Ensure compliance to Badger’s safety and high service standards in the area.
- Other assigned work as required
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- 5 years’ experience with automotive electrical preferred
- A strong background in Automotive 12V systems is preferred.
- LEAN manufacturing experience an asset
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Experience with routine maintenance operations
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work well under pressure, with strong attention to detail in a busy environment; both in a team and independently.
- Must possess solid interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally always
- Willingness to engage in continuous improvements with a solution focused approach.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment while demonstrating patience.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Candidate will be required to successfully complete pre-employment screening, which includes criminal background check, and a drug and alcohol test.
Successful candidates must provide their own safety footwear -CSA/ANSI approved, steel or composite toe, puncture resistant, min.15 cm (6”) high, min. 1.2cm (½’) heel). Other personal protective equipment (hard hat, safety glasses, safety vests, etc.) will be provided.
Badger Daylighting, and its parent company Badger Infrastructure Solutions Ltd. (TSX:BDGI), is North America’s largest provider of non-destructive excavating services. We work for contractors and facility owners in a broad range of infrastructure industries, including energy generation, electricity and natural gas transmission networks, roads and highways, telecommunications, water and sewage treatment and general municipal infrastructure.