Location: , AB, Canada
Date Posted: Mar 9, 2023
Badger Infrastructure Solutions Ltd. is seeking a Director, GM for our operations in the Prairies Region. The GM is responsible for developing, managing, and growing Badger’s operational business and is accountable for developing and executing a one-year business plan with a view of safe operations, excellent customer service, employee retention, enhanced financial performance and growth of the business. Preference will be given to those candidates who are based in the Calgary or Edmonton areas.
• Develop and execute a 1-2-year business plan ensuring alignment with the overall corporate strategic plan and immediate manager’s business plan which enhances area strategic positioning
• Development and subsequent implementation (after approval) of operational and business plan for the Region. This plan includes identification of key market areas, key industry segments, operating partner or corporate location requirements, operational and finance planning plus human resource
• Increases Badger’s business in the Region at an aggressive pace ensuring the foundation is built for long term success. This requires identification of key market areas of solid sustainable business and working with local managers to grow the business and manage the local trucks
• Continue to expand the need for Badger’s Hydrovac services through education, awareness, and market development to provide sustained growth
• Ensure the region is profitable by adding value when making decisions on cost.
• Work with Finance Manager to ensure financial planning, controls and information is adequate. Must prepare budget for region and follow it throughout the year
• Ensure the fleet management program is carried out in the region
• Ensure compliance to Badgers safety and high service standards in the region.
• Analysis, documentation, and continuous improvement of Operational processes to develop workflow optimization, efficiency improvements, and operational excellence
• Participate in and support the Badger emergency response team as needed
• Model, enforce, and promote safety, environmental, and social governance
• Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 10+ years’ experience preferred in one or more of the following industries: Vacuum / Pump Trucks, Commercial Underground Construction, Trucking/Fleet Management, Sewer / Water Line, Underground Utilities, Waste, Equipment Rentals
• 5+ years full Profit and Loss management experience
• Multi-unit Management responsibility
• Multi-state responsibility
• Union experience (if required by region)
• Strong Understanding of Asset Utilization to achieve profitability
• Ability to solve practical problems and address variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
• Strong organization skills, the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced office setting
• Computer skills and strong organizational skills required
• Excellent Communications Skills
• Demonstrated commitment and desire to provide exceptional Customer Service
• Demonstrated leadership skills that encompass a positive approach
• Ability to develop mutual trust and integrity, and role model for others
• Fully applies oneself to all requirements of the positions
• Dedicated and self-directed
• High energy, ambitious, and entrepreneurial personality
• Ability to travel as required
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Badger’s reasonable estimate of the hiring compensation range for this role.
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $180,000.00 - $225,000.00
Compensation may vary and will be determined by the geographic location, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Will be required to successfully complete pre-employment screening, which may include criminal background check, driver’s abstract review and drug and alcohol test.
Badger Daylighting, and its parent company Badger Infrastructure Solutions Ltd. (TSX:BDGI), is North America’s largest provider of non-destructive excavating services. We work for contractors and facility owners in a broad range of infrastructure industries, including energy generation, electricity and natural gas transmission networks, roads and highways, telecommunications, water and sewage treatment and general municipal infrastructure.
Our key technology is the Badger HydrovacTM, which is used primarily for safe excavation around critical infrastructure and in congested underground conditions. The Badger Hydrovac uses a pressurized water stream to liquefy the soil cover, which is then removed with a powerful vacuum system and deposited into a storage tank. Badger manufactures and designs our truck-mounted hydrovac units, giving us the opportunity to incorporate feedback from our hydrovac operators into existing and future design and manufacturing processes.