General Manager- Upper Midwest
Location: Chicago, IL, United States
Date Posted: Mar 10, 2023
Reporting to Regional Vice President, will be a vital component of the Region contributing to the achievement of the strategic and operational objectives by obtaining operational excellence. Will be responsible for input and support and training of all Operations positions, will assist with the onboarding of new managers, provide back up support to areas, streamline existing processes while creating and implementing new processes across the Region.
- Contribute towards the achievement of company’s strategic and operational objectives to obtain operational excellence.
- Analysis of current processes to develop work flow optimization and efficiency improvements.
- Document while improving operational systems, processes, and best practices that ensure Area Managers’ efficiency throughout the Region.
- Participate in development and rollout of new operational initiatives and training.
- Analyze data to determine best business strategies.
- Examine weekly/monthly key financial data/statements as indicators to determine where and how to improve processes and profitability (daily revenue, 5-day ticket, revenue to wage, utilization, ratio units/operators, T-check, Aging AR, AP invoices, P&L, 3rd party).
- Collaborate with Regional, District and Area managers to analyze Area’s revenue compared to customers, customer retention, nonbillable, fleet and personnel utilization and direct and indirect cost.
- Perform quality controls and monitor all processes to keep all areas continually growing and improving.
- Utilization analysis to ensure maximum capacity of the Badger Fleet.
- Accounts Receivables- work with AR and Area’s to keep customers current and to continually improve and streamline process and communication.
- Accounts Payable- work with AP and Area Managers to make sure invoices are submitted and paid promptly and continually streamlining process and communication.
- Help recruit, train and ensure all new managers receive all required Badger training.
- Work with BMT candidates to ensure all necessary program material is covered and help with their placement.
- Help recruit, train and supervise Ops Support and Inside Sales staff within the assigned region.
- Assist with the onboarding and implementation of new systems across the Region.
- Update and enhance existing operating policies, procedures and manuals.
- Assist in startup of new locations.
- Assist executive management team, with the mitigation and identification of short- and long-term risk and communicate Strengths, Weaknesses, Threats and Opportunities when recognized.
- Participate in the Badger emergency response team across the US as needed.
- Assist in special projects throughout Badger as the opportunities present themselves.
- Previous experience needed in one of the following industries preferred:
- Vacuum, Pump Trucks
- Commercial Underground Construction
- Oil and Gas
- Underground Utility
- Equipment Rental
- Supervisory experience required.
- Accounting experience preferred.
- Must possess a high level of professionalism and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Must have the ability to meet deadlines with accurate work.
- Ability to solve practical problems and address variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Strong organization skills, the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced office setting.
- Computer skills and strong organizational skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a positive attitude and a willingness to take on new challenges.
- Ability to travel as required.
Candidates will be required to successfully complete pre-employment screening, which may include background check, MVR history and a drug test.
Badger Daylighting, and its parent company Badger Infrastructure Solutions Ltd. (TSX:BDGI), is North America’s largest provider of non-destructive excavating services. We work for contractors and facility owners in a broad range of infrastructure industries, including energy generation, electricity and natural gas transmission networks, roads and highways, telecommunications, water and sewage treatment and general municipal infrastructure.
Our key technology is the Badger HydrovacTM, which is used primarily for safe excavation around critical infrastructure and in congested underground conditions. The Badger Hydrovac uses a pressurized water stream to liquefy the soil cover, which is then removed with a powerful vacuum system and deposited into a storage tank. Badger manufactures and designs our truck-mounted hydrovac units, giving us the opportunity to incorporate feedback from our hydrovac operators into existing and future design and manufacturing processes.