Regional HR Manager / Business Partner - Red Deer, AB
Location: Red Deer, AB, Canada
Date Posted: Sep 18, 2023
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) is a key partner to the business in executing the people strategy to support the organization and implementation of key company initiatives. The HRBP supports all people strategies including coaching, career development, employee/labor relations, internal movement, retention strategies, talent acquisition strategies and succession planning, which will support the business in achieving its’ business strategy.
- Establish effective relationships and build credibility with people leaders, operations staff, and client, earning buy-in from the business.
- Understand all aspects of the business and anticipate future needs by maintaining a heavy field presence.
- Provides advice and counsel in identifying, evaluating, and resolving human resources issues, plans and implements all phases of human resources activity.
- Ensures managers’ consistent use of the performance management process to drive accountability and elevate talent. Coach the performance management process including calibrations; performance management plans; performance improvement plans; probationary reports and development plans.
- Works closely with the people leaders and the HR team to ensure that the talent is properly matched to position based on skilled knowledge, information processing capability and application which will enable success in meet business objectives and goals.
- Serves as coach to the management team to enhance the effectiveness of their leadership style and increase engagement of their teams.
- Drive company culture with a focus on reducing turnover and increasing employee satisfaction
- Provides guidance and support regarding HR employment legislation and standards, application of corporate policies and programs; EEOC and Affirmative Action compliance requirements and assist in any investigations and/or legal matters.
- Ensure managers are proactively managing their teams’ performance, follow-up as needed.
- Assists the business in understanding relevant HR metrics, (e.g., in areas such as attendance employee relations, recruitment, turnover, workplace conflict, grievances, etc.) to assist them in identifying causal relationships and to develop local strategies to improve.
- Benchmark and remain current on future trends and developments related to industry practices, legislation, guidelines, and programs related to HR. Participates in HR associations and events, to remain current and promote the Badger brand.
Financial: Authority to approve expenditures per corporate expense policy.
- Recommend appropriate employee discipline action up to and including termination in accordance with the company’s progressive discipline policy.
- Represent the Company at appropriate external events as required (HR).
- Represent Human Resources in various internal projects and/or committees.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent preferred
- CPHR/PHR/SPHR designation considered an asset
- Min 8+ years of experience in human resources as a generalist in both Canada and the US with experience in the following areas: health & safety, labor relations, human rights, disability management, employee relations
- Knowledge of employment legislation, HR trends, issues, and best practices
- Proven experience managing ambiguity, risk, and changing direction of strategies across multiple geographies in partnership with leadership
- Experience using data and analytics to provide recommendations
- Experience working in a unionized environment
- Strong experience with employee coaching and development
- Demonstrated experience supporting team leaders in conducting investigations to resolution
- Strong facilitation skills
- Ability to build relationships at all levels and providing pro-active and responsive solutions to business needs
- Capability in applying and ensuring consistent Performance Management practices (Coaching, Feedback, Expectations, Corrective Action).
- Leadership presence
- Capability to motivate and enhance engagement
- Excellent communication skills, appealing to a broad audience
- Negotiation Skills to gain agreement
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to guide, influence and persuade others
- Ability to multitask
- Possess initiative and has self-starter aptitude
- Enjoy a high energy, fast paced culture and environment
- After hours support required
- Fully applies oneself to the requirements of the position
The salary for this position will be commensurate with education or work experience.
Will be required to successfully complete pre-employment screening, which may include criminal background check, driver’s abstract review and drug and alcohol test.
Badger Daylighting, and its parent company Badger Infrastructure Solutions Ltd. (TSX:BDGI), is North America’s largest provider of non-destructive excavating services. We work for contractors and facility owners in a broad range of infrastructure industries, including energy generation, electricity and natural gas transmission networks, roads and highways, telecommunications, water and sewage treatment and general municipal infrastructure.
Our key technology is the Badger HydrovacTM, which is used primarily for safe excavation around critical infrastructure and in congested underground conditions. The Badger Hydrovac uses a pressurized water stream to liquefy the soil cover, which is then removed with a powerful vacuum system and deposited into a storage tank. Badger manufactures and designs our truck-mounted hydrovac units, giving us the opportunity to incorporate feedback from our hydrovac operators into existing and future design and manufacturing processes.