National Account Manager - USA
Location: Indianapolis, IN, United States
Date Posted: Sep 13, 2023
The National Account Manager (NAM) develops strategic partnerships with specific national accounts, growing our revenue at these accounts while ensuring profitability as well as a consistent customer experience. This role focuses on all aspects of the customer relationship including customer satisfaction, pricing as well as addressing risk and/ or issues to ensure customer retention and a long-term relationship. This role focuses on the value add that Badger can bring to the customer as well as differentiating Badger from other non-destructive excavation company in North America. In this role, he/ she is the main point of contact for the specified customers.
REMOTE location, so the ideal candidate can be located anywhere in the USA, preferred in close proximity to an airport in a larger city.
The candidate selected for this role can be based anywhere in the United States.
- Develops and executes a 1-year business plan ensuring alignment with the overall corporate strategic plan and immediate manager’s business plan
- Develop strategic direction and action plans for assigned National Account(s) to drive profitable revenue growth as well as ensure customer retention and satisfaction
- Defines and drives the vision for the account and establishes attainable goals, targets, and sales metrics
- Identifies and implements account plans including penetration strategies and pricing strategies while focusing on contract compliance, increased sales and profits, customer satisfaction and retention
- Capitalizes on new market opportunities through strong customer relationships, differentiate Badger from competitors, and positively affect the balance sheet
- Build Relationships of Influence by connecting with key executives, decision makers, and influencers to ensure satisfaction at the highest levels, gaining the inside track on each client’s projects and priorities
- Proactively identifies issues and roadblocks that impede performance in any way; driving actions that bring about improvement in overall sales performance.
- Promote the company’s services to assigned accounts; focusing on value-add that addresses the customer’s needs
- Monitor market conditions and industry trends
- Prospect, monitor, and qualify new national account(s)
- Utilize the Badger CRM tool to capture opportunities
- Develop, prepare, and present high impact sales presentations and solutions
- Prepare sales contracts, ensuring profitability of new contracts. Renew and Expand Revenue by leading the contract renewal processes and demonstrating deep knowledge of the account portfolio to align product offerings and packages with client needs
- Authority to approve expenditures per corporate expense policy and financial matrix
- Represents Sales function internally and externally
- Authority to make decisions to ensure client satisfaction
- Education: Bachelor's degree in sales, business, communications, or an industry-related field
- 7+ years account management experience
- Industry/business knowledge – multi-location, service industry
- Significant experience in account management
- Proven background in exceeding sales goals/quotas
- Demonstrable success growing high-profile client accounts.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, with strong analytical skills
- Proven ability to lead and facilitate meetings
- Exceptional technical skills utilizing MS Office Suite and proficiency in using CRM software
- Demonstrated time management, organization, and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal, active listening skills, verbal & written communication skills as well as networking capability
- Strong presentation, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to develop and maintain strong interpersonal relationships with internally and externally
- Ability to build rapport with client prospects using strong customer service and customer-facing skill sets,
- Demonstrated capability in establishing and maintaining productive cross functional working relationships
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently, as well as be a strong team player.
- Fully applies oneself to all requirements of the position
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
- Trustworthy with strong business integrity and the ability to hold sensitive information in confidence
The salary for this position will be commensurate with education or work experience.
Candidates will be required to successfully complete pre-employment screening, which may include background check, MVR history and a drug test.
Badger Daylighting, and its parent company Badger Infrastructure Solutions Ltd. (TSX:BDGI), is North America’s largest provider of non-destructive excavating services. We work for contractors and facility owners in a broad range of infrastructure industries, including energy generation, electricity and natural gas transmission networks, roads and highways, telecommunications, water and sewage treatment and general municipal infrastructure.
Our key technology is the Badger HydrovacTM, which is used primarily for safe excavation around critical infrastructure and in congested underground conditions. The Badger Hydrovac uses a pressurized water stream to liquefy the soil cover, which is then removed with a powerful vacuum system and deposited into a storage tank. Badger manufactures and designs our truck-mounted hydrovac units, giving us the opportunity to incorporate feedback from our hydrovac operators into existing and future design and manufacturing processes.