Strategic Sourcing Analyst - Brownsburg, IN
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Brownsburg, IN, United States
Date Posted: Oct 19, 2023
The Strategic Sourcing Analyst is accountable for creating analytical reports and viewpoints in support of strategic sourcing programs and initiatives. They will also have accountability for the administration and maintenance of users and related information across vendor accounts and platforms. This position will require continuous interaction with internal teams from Accounts Payable (AP), Fleet, and Operations in both the U.S. and Canada.
- Analyzes and creates reports for spend, compliance, invoice audits, savings calculations, and other sourcing functionalities.
- Assists with creating and administering RFP’s and bidding events.
- Acts as a liaison between the Strategic Sourcing team and vendors to resolve discrepancies.
- Consults with vendor contacts as needed to research answers for user questions or escalation needs.
- Responds promptly to internal team member questions and provides assistance as needed.
- Administers and maintains users access and related information for vendor accounts and platforms.
- Maintains healthy, reliable, and positive relationships with suppliers and internal customers.
- Participates in cross-functional, continuous improvement teams as the opportunity presents itself.
- Learns and follows all safety requirements and adheres to all Badger guiding principles and safety policies.
- Participates in all scheduled training identified by the leadership group.
- Degree or training in supply chain management, procurement or business administration is preferred. High school education (or equivalent) plus role experience accepted.
- Strong working knowledge of common software packages (MS Office, MS Excel, Outlook, Acrobat, etc.).
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience in supply chain management, procurement, and business administration or data analytics required.
- Experience with ERP systems (especially Oracle & Sage) is considered a plus.
- Exceptional organizational and self-management skills with the ability to stay focused and keep on top of priority tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates a strong, self-starting, work ethic: takes ownership of assigned tasks and responsibilities, values accountability and remains focused on making a positive contribution to the team.
- Excellent attention to detail is crucial for success in this role. Strong analytical mindset and experience with data analysis is considered an asset.
- Positive, customer-focused attitude with continuous improvement mindset. Positive, professional telephone skills and demeanor.
- Eagerness to learn and embrace change and a desire to be better every day. Willingness to learn from one’s mistakes, take responsibility and not afraid to ask for help.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Capability of working in a team structure with a diverse group of coworkers.
- Fully applies oneself to the requirements of the position. High level of personal integrity.
The salary for this position will be commensurate with education or work experience.
Candidates will be required to successfully complete pre-employment screening, which may include background check, MVR history and a drug test.
Badger Daylighting, and its parent company Badger Infrastructure Solutions Ltd. (TSX:BDGI), is North America’s largest provider of non-destructive excavating services. We work for contractors and facility owners in a broad range of infrastructure industries, including energy generation, electricity and natural gas transmission networks, roads and highways, telecommunications, water and sewage treatment and general municipal infrastructure.
Our key technology is the Badger HydrovacTM, which is used primarily for safe excavation around critical infrastructure and in congested underground conditions. The Badger Hydrovac uses a pressurized water stream to liquefy the soil cover, which is then removed with a powerful vacuum system and deposited into a storage tank. Badger manufactures and designs our truck-mounted hydrovac units, giving us the opportunity to incorporate feedback from our hydrovac operators into existing and future design and manufacturing processes.