Project Based Locator - Little Rock, AR
Location: Little Rock, AR, United States
Date Posted: Dec 4, 2023
The project-based Locator (Utility Locator) has accountability for locating, identifying, and marking underground utilities before the start of construction and other projects. Locators may use a variety of tools to find these utilities. These efforts ensure the safety of Badger employees, all site visitors and property, and protects underground utilities from damage during excavation projects. This role will be field based and will require extended travel requirements. Ability to work autonomously, self-manage job tasks, and coordinate efforts with customers, vendors, and other stakeholders.
We are seeking experienced project-based Locators to join the largest Hydrovac business in North America.
Salary: $20.00 - $28.00 per hour based on experience with opportunities for pay increases and career advancement!
- Interprets underground utility infrastructure drawings and records.
- Locates underground utility infrastructure and obstacles using various locating equipment and techniques, per company procedure(s).
- Collects and confirms data on located utilities and related above ground features by using drawings and ground penetrating software (GPS).
- Prepares various reports and documentation.
- Participates in planning and/or inspection meetings to present findings.
- Conducts job tasks in a field-based environment.
- Works autonomously and self-manages daily activities and communication to all stakeholders.
- Communicates known and unknown underground objects located.
- Observes, practices, and enforces Badger’s HSE policies and practices.
- Maintains Badger vehicles and equipment.
- Directs coordination and communication regarding site related activities with customers, vendors, and other stakeholders.
- Represents Badger Infrastructure professionally to customers, vendors, and other stakeholders.
- Maintains job site safety, and self-manage job scheduling and completion.
- Travel requirements: 90-100%
- Education: Minimum high school education or equivalent.
- This job requires typical construction type hours with some weeks being less than 40 hours and other requiring 50 plus hours.
- Previous experience with locating underground utility infrastructure.
- Ability to distinguish colors for marked utilities.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills to interact with clients, colleagues, and the public.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Valid driver’s license with clean driver’s abstract.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Able to travel as required, sometimes on short notice for work assignments and/or training.
- Position requires ability to work in a variety of weather environments.
- Physical requirement: Ability to walk several miles a day carrying equipment and supplies up to 50lbs.
- Fully applies oneself to the requirements of the position.
Candidates will be required to successfully complete pre-employment screening, which may include background check, MVR history and a drug test.
Badger Daylighting, and its parent company Badger Infrastructure Solutions Ltd. (TSX:BDGI), is North America’s largest provider of non-destructive excavating services. We work for contractors and facility owners in a broad range of infrastructure industries, including energy generation, electricity and natural gas transmission networks, roads and highways, telecommunications, water and sewage treatment and general municipal infrastructure.
Our key technology is the Badger HydrovacTM, which is used primarily for safe excavation around critical infrastructure and in congested underground conditions. The Badger Hydrovac uses a pressurized water stream to liquefy the soil cover, which is then removed with a powerful vacuum system and deposited into a storage tank. Badger manufactures and designs our truck-mounted hydrovac units, giving us the opportunity to incorporate feedback from our hydrovac operators into existing and future design and manufacturing processes.