Flusher - Hamilton, ON
Location: Hamilton, ON, Canada
Date Posted: Dec 4, 2023
Badger Daylighting, and its parent company Badger Infrastructure Solutions Ltd. (TSX:BDGI), is North America’s largest provider of non-destructive excavating services and a leader in the hydro-excavation industry! Badger manufactures and designs our truck-mounted hydrovac units, giving us the opportunity to incorporate feedback from our hydrovac operators into existing and future design and manufacturing processes. We are always seeking dedicated and talented people to join our team! Visit www.careers.badgerinc.com for details.
We are looking for a Flusher to join our team. The Badger Hydrovac system is a non-destructive method of excavating using pressurized water and a vacuum system to quickly, safely and cleanly excavate around underground utilities and pipelines in the oil & gas, utility and municipal sectors.
Salary: Union wages and benefits to be discussed directly with the Branch Manager.
- Collection of field data operating electromagnetic induction locating equipment with all accessories
- Read project sheets and perform project safety site inspections
- Read, interpret and augment maps with notes
- Drive service vehicle and maintain inventory and safe storage of equipment
- Travel to other cities/areas, work in a variety of settings and work site conditions
- Operate a computer
- Create digital locate sketches
- Take photos of locates
- The job requires typical construction type hours with some weeks being less than 40 hours and other weeks very busy requiring 50 plus hours.
- Travel for short term out of town work assignments and/or training is to be expected.
- Training will be provided for people with a desire to succeed. This role will involve some night shift hours
- Willingness to follow Badger’s best practices with focus on ‘Best Operator, Best Truck’.
- Will be required to successfully complete pre-employment screening, which includes driver’s abstract review and drug and alcohol test.
- Must possess and exhibit strong safety acumen.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of team
- Demonstrate a strong customer service focus.
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-organizing and able to multi-task
- Strong communication and team skills
- Able to work on job sites outside for long periods
- A class type 1, 3 or DZ driver’s license is required
- Safety tickets: First Aid, C.S.T.S., H2S, Fall Protection, Confined Space, OSSA and Ground Disturbance is prefer
Essential Physical Functions/Requirements of the Job:
- Hear and distinguish emergency signals and instructions while on duty.
- Must be able to repetitively sit, lift, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, reach and crawl.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in all outdoor elements for extended periods of time.
- Confined Space Entry may be required to accomplish tasks for some clients when applicable.
- Be able to wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
- Must be able to climb ladders, and work from stationary platforms from elevated heights.
- Must be capable of working extended hours and variable shifts.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Please note this is not a camp position.
Candidates will be required to successfully complete pre-employment screening, which may include driver’s abstract review and drug and alcohol test.
This position is in a region that is covered under a collective bargaining agreement; the successful applicant may be required to join the union as a condition of employment.
Why Apply at Badger?
- Employees can receive up to a $4000 bonus by referring a friend to join the company (location dependent).
- Safety is a top priority at Badger. All operators receive extensive computer based and on the job training during the first 3 months of employment.
- Union wages and benefits to be discussed directly by the Branch Manager during an interview.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Badger Daylighting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.