The Branch Manager position is accountable for ensuring the safe, cost effective and efficient day-to-day management of their assigned area and for the financial results of the branch. This position is accountable for exceptional service delivery as well as a consistent and optimal customer experience. This position is accountable for developing and executing a one-year business plan with a view of safe operations, excellent customer service, employee retention, enhance financial performance and growth of the business. The Branch Manager also maintains ownership of the branch P&L.
- Develops and executes a one-year business plan ensuring alignment with the overall corporate strategic plan and immediate manager’s business plan.
- Enhances area strategic positioning.
- Grows and establish Badger’s business through a strong operational base, market brand, and customer service ensuring a foundation is built for long-term profitability and success.
- Enhances area health and safety and exemplifies Badger’s high safety and service standards by making safety apart of the areas day-to-day operations, ensuring health and safety is the number one goal and holding direct reports accountable.
- Develops and maintains a strong relationship with new and existing customers by providing excellent customer service.
- Enhances the location’s talent pool to include optimal selection, skilled knowledge, development, management, and retention of talent. Ensures that talent is professional, safe, knowledgeable, and self-sufficient so they display the appropriate Badger image.
- Ensures the area is profitable by managing the area’s P&L on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- Conducts job site visits for bidding, inspections and pre job preparation (Bid and estimating on projects). Facilitates the dispatching of Badger units and appropriate personnel
- Ensure compliance with fleet operating standards and maintenance requirements. Monitors of all repair and maintenance costs and taking corrective actions when required
- Ensures at least meeting, if not exceeding, legal and regulatory requirements. This would include all critical areas of compliance, e.g., DOT, etc.
- Review, monitor, and approve hours of service and payroll processing
- Prepare annual budget, based on market projections
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or related field or relevant work experience in lieu of degree
- 5+ years’ of leadership experience preferred in the following Industries: Vacuum, Pump Trucks, Commercial Underground Construction, Trucking/Fleet Management, Sewer / Water Line or Underground Utilities, Oil & Gas and Waste, Equipment Rentals
- 3+ years full Profit & Loss management experience
- Proven ability to develop and deliver a 1 year business plan
- Demonstrated managerial leadership capability with capability to deliver organizational value
- Demonstrated ability to work within a unionized environment preferred (where applicable)
- Experience in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams) and CRM databases
- Demonstrated hands-on field experience (preferred)
- Proven ability in successfully managing a P&L statement
- Proven capability to build and nurture customer relationships and provide exceptional customer service
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, with strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills at the individual and group level.
- Ability to develop mutual trust and integrity; a role model for others
- High Energy, Ambitious & Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Strong negotiation, problem solving and influencing skills
- Fully applies oneself to all requirements of the position; 24/7, 365 commitment
- Requires a self-driven, enthusiastic, team-focused, business-savvy, ethical and self-motivated professional
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Badger’s reasonable estimate of the hiring compensation range for this role.
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $95,000.00 - $130,000.00
Compensation may vary and will be determined by the geographic location, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Will be required to successfully complete pre-employment screening, which may include criminal background check, MVR history and drug test.
Badger Daylighting, and its parent company Badger Infrastructure Solutions Ltd. (TSX:BDGI), is North America’s largest provider of non-destructive excavating services. We work for contractors and facility owners in a broad range of infrastructure industries, including energy generation, electricity and natural gas transmission networks, roads and highways, telecommunications, water and sewage treatment and general municipal infrastructure.
Our key technology is the Badger HydrovacTM, which is used primarily for safe excavation around critical infrastructure and in congested underground conditions. The Badger Hydrovac uses a pressurized water stream to liquefy the soil cover, which is then removed with a powerful vacuum system and deposited into a storage tank. Badger manufactures and designs our truck-mounted hydrovac units, giving us the opportunity to incorporate feedback from our hydrovac operators into existing and future design and manufacturing processes.
Badger Daylighting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Internal applicants are reminded to discuss their intention to apply with their supervisor before applying.