Operations Supervisor - Seattle, WA
Location: Seattle, WA, United States
Date Posted: Dec 4, 2023
The Operations Supervisor reports to the Branch Manager and is an integral part of the operations leadership. The operations supervisor is responsible for many aspects of the day-to-day operations including but not limited to ensuring the operators follow proper safety protocol, on-boarding and training new operators, and customer service to clients.
- Assist with dispatching units and schedule projects on a daily basis.
- Communicate with clients, with a customer service focus on a daily basis.
- Assist with project related biddings and proposal.
- Supports and improved business development on a daily basis.
- Reviewing operator’s daily paperwork (Daily trip ticket, FLRA, DOT logs).
- Ensure that operators are following Badger’s maintenance polices procedures.
- Deliver of material to the units in the field if required.
- Assist and support with monthly safety meeting which includes preparing the agenda.
- Perform daily onsite safety inspections.
- Required travel up to 25% based on job assignment need.
- Previous experience required in one of the following areas:
- Vacuum, Pump Trucks
- Commercial Underground Construction
- Oil and Gas
- Underground Utility
- Equipment Rental
- Trucking / Fleet Management
- Valid CDL preferred
- Supervisory experience required
- Mechanical skills preferred
- Sales experience preferred
- Experience in the transportation industry preferred
- Computer skills and strong organizational skills required, with a preference for Oracle or similar system.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a positive attitude and a willingness to take on new challenges.
- The person in this position will need to be a team leader and the ability to relate well to a wide variety of people (field and office).
- Must have a professional approach to business.
Physical Demands Requirements:
- Must be able to hear and distinguish emergency signals and instructions while on duty.
- Must be able to repetitively sit, lift, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, reach and crawl.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in all outdoor elements for extended periods of time.
- Confined Space Entry may be required to accomplish tasks for some clients when applicable.
- Must be cleared to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Must be able to climb ladders, and work from stationary platforms from elevated heights.
- Must be capable of working extended hours and variable shifts.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Badger’s reasonable estimate of the hiring compensation range for this role.
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $85,000.00 - $100,000.00
Compensation may vary and will be determined by the geographic location, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Will be required to successfully complete pre-employment screening, which includes criminal background check, MVR history, drug and alcohol test, and a physical (COT & Non-DOT).
Badger Daylighting, and its parent company Badger Infrastructure Solutions Ltd. (TSX:BDGI), is North America’s largest provider of non-destructive excavating services. We work for contractors and facility owners in a broad range of infrastructure industries, including energy generation, electricity and natural gas transmission networks, roads and highways, telecommunications, water and sewage treatment and general municipal infrastructure.
Our key technology is the Badger HydrovacTM, which is used primarily for safe excavation around critical infrastructure and in congested underground conditions. The Badger Hydrovac uses a pressurized water stream to liquefy the soil cover, which is then removed with a powerful vacuum system and deposited into a storage tank. Badger manufactures and designs our truck-mounted hydrovac units, giving us the opportunity to incorporate feedback from our hydrovac operators into existing and future design and manufacturing processes.