Communications Coordinator - Brownsburg, IN
Location: Brownsburg, IN, United States
Date Posted: Nov 20, 2023
This position is accountable for supporting the implementation of internal communications strategies and plans that engage, align, and inspire employees; connect employees with the company's vision and business strategy; and drive employees' understanding, performance, and engagement.
- Develops creative approaches to share information/messaging with employees while connecting with the organization’s strategy, projects, or initiatives.
- Provides communications advice and council to stakeholders across the organization.
- Provides support of company intranet, including acting as editor, content author support, and enforcing system governance.
- Advises and partners with key stakeholders on the best ways to implement messaging around system and technological upgrades.
- Supports corporate employee engagement survey, reporting, and other associated activities.
- Develops and implements activities and messaging to encourage employee engagement with the company.
- Supports the development of Badger’s ESG Report, including development of creative ways to message the content via both internal channels and social media.
- Supports change management across the organization by partnering with key stakeholders to share essential information and by creating messaging designed to bring employees along on the journey.
- Supports Badger’s efforts to attract and retain top talent through communications (social media, internal messaging) and employee engagement activities.
- Represents HR & Communications with internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Represents Badger with key external stakeholders through the company’s social media presence.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field preferred or combination of experience and education
- 3+ years’ experience in a corporate communications position or similar role
- 2 years’ experience in communications position
- Demonstrated ability to clearly distill company goals and strategy to employees through a variety of methods
- Proven expertise in development and implementation of organization-wide strategic communication plans
- Ability to implement a strong visual aesthetic for deliverables across a variety of print, digital and verbal communication channels
- Strong attention to detail, editing experience and creative mindset desired
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Ability to utilize metrics and survey data to inform messaging tactics and approach
- Demonstrated experience with tools and software necessary to create and distribute content across various channels. For example, intranet platform, social media management software, graphics tools, etc.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong collaboration skills and ability work as part of a team
- Ability to represent the interests of others
- Strong communicator with ability to build relationships with employees across the organization
- Fully applies oneself to the requirements of the position
The salary for this position will be commensurate with education or work experience.
Candidates will be required to successfully complete pre-employment screening, which may include background check, MVR history and a drug test.
Badger Daylighting, and its parent company Badger Infrastructure Solutions Ltd. (TSX:BDGI), is North America’s largest provider of non-destructive excavating services. We work for contractors and facility owners in a broad range of infrastructure industries, including energy generation, electricity and natural gas transmission networks, roads and highways, telecommunications, water and sewage treatment and general municipal infrastructure.
Our key technology is the Badger HydrovacTM, which is used primarily for safe excavation around critical infrastructure and in congested underground conditions. The Badger Hydrovac uses a pressurized water stream to liquefy the soil cover, which is then removed with a powerful vacuum system and deposited into a storage tank. Badger manufactures and designs our truck-mounted hydrovac units, giving us the opportunity to incorporate feedback from our hydrovac operators into existing and future design and manufacturing processes.