Solution Architect - Brownsburg, IN
Location: Brownsburg, IN, United States
Date Posted: Dec 4, 2023
The solution architect’s responsibilities include gathering requirements and functional specifications, assessing current software systems to identify areas in need of improvement, and partnering with development teams.
- Collaborates with stakeholders, including clients, to understand their business needs and requirements.
- Designs and develops end-to-end solutions utilizing Oracle Cloud products, with a primary focus on Oracle Cloud Applications.
- Works closely with team members to create high-quality, scalable, and secure solutions that align with best practices and business objectives.
- Provides technical expertise and guidance in the implementation, configuration, and optimization of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
- Supports the integration of Oracle Cloud solutions with Azure Infrastructure and O365, leveraging knowledge and best practices in these areas.
- Stays updated with industry trends, emerging technologies, and updates in Oracle and Microsoft cloud services to provide informed recommendations and solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related fields.
- Solid understanding and experience with software design best practices.
- Previous experience in a similar role, including solution architecture, or lead development roles.
- Willingness to learn and gain familiarity with Oracle Cloud Applications and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI).
- Exposure to Azure Infrastructure and O365 is a plus.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think critically in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively engage and collaborate with internal teams and external partners.
- Certifications in Oracle Cloud and/or Microsoft Azure are advantageous.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team.
The salary for this position will be commensurate with education or work experience.
Candidates will be required to successfully complete pre-employment screening, which may include background check, MVR history and a drug test.
Badger Daylighting, and its parent company Badger Infrastructure Solutions Ltd. (TSX:BDGI), is North America’s largest provider of non-destructive excavating services. We work for contractors and facility owners in a broad range of infrastructure industries, including energy generation, electricity and natural gas transmission networks, roads and highways, telecommunications, water and sewage treatment and general municipal infrastructure.
Our key technology is the Badger HydrovacTM, which is used primarily for safe excavation around critical infrastructure and in congested underground conditions. The Badger Hydrovac uses a pressurized water stream to liquefy the soil cover, which is then removed with a powerful vacuum system and deposited into a storage tank. Badger manufactures and designs our truck-mounted hydrovac units, giving us the opportunity to incorporate feedback from our hydrovac operators into existing and future design and manufacturing processes.