Fleet Manager - Canada
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Date Posted: Nov 27, 2023
The Fleet Manager monitors, maintains, and improves Badger’s fleet processes, programs, and assets. The Fleet Manager provides regional fleet services while providing North American support as needed.
- Develops and executes a 1-year business plan ensuring alignment with the overall corporate strategic plan and immediate manager’s business plan.
- Continuously improves and implements consistent fleet management practices, procedures, and safety standards across the operating center to achieve fleet optimization.
- Builds relationships and partners with the Operations and Franchises to drive safe work practices and to ensure preventative maintenance and repairs are done in a timely manner.
- Manages fleet utilization, retirement, and replacement planning management.
- Manages vendor selection, relationships, and management (at the regional and area level) to facilitate timely, quality, and economic fleet maintenance and repair.
- Oversees repair and preventative maintenance activities.
- Schedules and manages completion of Technical Service Bulletins (TSB’s) and engineering updates.
- Mentors and develops the operating center’s fleet team.
- Supports GPS tracking programs, fuel management, maintenance management and accident repairs.
- Manage the regional fleet budget for repairs and replacements.
- Represents and participates on committees/projects as assigned by VP, Fleet
- Stop work authority for safety concerns.
- Authority to remove a truck from service for safety or performance concerns.
- Education: Associates or bachelor’s degree in logistics, business administration, transportation, or relevant field preferred; or combination of education and relative experience
- Certifications from the National Association of Fleet Administrators (NAFA) or the North American Transportation Management Institute (NATMI), preferred
- Commercial Driver’s License preferred
- 10+ years’ experience preferred in the following areas: heavy machinery, vocational equipment, hydraulic systems, electrical systems
- Expert knowledge of best driving, delivery, vehicle maintenance and other industry practices
- Familiarity with logistics, transportation scheduling, and management software
- Exceptional organization, time management, and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of state, provincial, federal regulatory requirements (i.e. DOT)
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot remotely and direct staff in the field.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated customer service mindset.
- Ability to manage and motivate staff.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Suite, GPS / locating software, and Oracle field service module preferred.
- Fully applies oneself to the requirements of the position
The salary for this position will be commensurate with education or work experience.
Will be required to successfully complete pre-employment screening, which may include criminal background check, driver’s abstract review and drug and alcohol test.
Badger Daylighting, and its parent company Badger Infrastructure Solutions Ltd. (TSX:BDGI), is North America’s largest provider of non-destructive excavating services. We work for contractors and facility owners in a broad range of infrastructure industries, including energy generation, electricity and natural gas transmission networks, roads and highways, telecommunications, water and sewage treatment and general municipal infrastructure.
Our key technology is the Badger HydrovacTM, which is used primarily for safe excavation around critical infrastructure and in congested underground conditions. The Badger Hydrovac uses a pressurized water stream to liquefy the soil cover, which is then removed with a powerful vacuum system and deposited into a storage tank. Badger manufactures and designs our truck-mounted hydrovac units, giving us the opportunity to incorporate feedback from our hydrovac operators into existing and future design and manufacturing processes.