Senior Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis - Brownsburg, IN
Location: Brownsburg, IN, United States
Date Posted: Feb 19, 2024
The Senior Financial Analyst, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP& A) is focused on creating value for our business partners by enhancing financial reporting and analysis – all with the goal of improving our data-driven decision making. The Sr. Financial Analyst keeps business leaders appraised on all finance matters for their group(s), primarily ensuring that a strong financial discipline and analysis is in place to support the business in achieving its goals and objectives. The role has a responsibility for delivering management reporting for the business including budgets, forecasts, variance analysis, ROI / decision support analysis and ad hoc projects.
- Assists with the preparation of management reporting and analysis, forecasting, and annual budgeting process.
- Supports process improvement initiatives, with focus on consolidation and budgeting / forecasting platforms.
- Reviews actual performance relative to budgets and forecasts and prepares supporting variance analysis with a focus on profitability drivers.
- Consults with accounting team to improve availability and flow of information.
- Assists with the development, maintenance and management of advanced reporting that provides actionable insight into the leavers of the business.
- Delivers ad hoc analysis to support business needs.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of the business and proactively engage with partners.
- Demonstrates strong presentation, verbal, and written communication skills for executive audiences.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or other related, or combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in FP & A.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with others, internally and externally.
- Communicates effectively and at a level appropriate for the audience.
- Leverages communication and influencing skills to work with leaders across multiple functions to drive business performance. Instill confidence and challenge appropriately.
- Uses analytic and critical thinking in support of structured and unstructured business initiatives.
- Ability to identify and articulate key business drivers and actionable business insights.
- Works cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, managing tight deadlines and multiple complex projects and effectively delegating to team members.
- Assesses problem situations to identify root causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint; ERP and planning tool experience; Business Intelligence tool experience preferred.
- Experience with business intelligence platforms preferred (e.g. Power Bi / Tableau).
The salary for this position will be commensurate with education or work experience.
Candidates will be required to successfully complete pre-employment screening, which may include background check, credit check, MVR history and a drug test.
Badger Daylighting, and its parent company Badger Infrastructure Solutions Ltd. (TSX:BDGI), is North America’s largest provider of non-destructive excavating services. We work for contractors and facility owners in a broad range of infrastructure industries, including energy generation, electricity and natural gas transmission networks, roads and highways, telecommunications, water and sewage treatment and general municipal infrastructure.
Our key technology is the Badger HydrovacTM, which is used primarily for safe excavation around critical infrastructure and in congested underground conditions. The Badger Hydrovac uses a pressurized water stream to liquefy the soil cover, which is then removed with a powerful vacuum system and deposited into a storage tank. Badger manufactures and designs our truck-mounted hydrovac units, giving us the opportunity to incorporate feedback from our hydrovac operators into existing and future design and manufacturing processes.