Manager, Solution Architecture - Brownsburg, IN
Location: Brownsburg, IN, United States
Date Posted: Feb 5, 2024
As Manager, Solution Architecture, you will play the role of delivering and overseeing the delivery of high-quality solution designs to drive project results and production environment stability. You are a seasoned technologist with a mix of leadership skills and a background in application development.
- Develops and executes a 1-year business plan ensuring alignment with the overall corporate strategic plan and immediate manager’s business plan.
- Manages a team of Solution Architects, providing people management, escalation and day-to-day support.
- Develops and oversees the development of end-to-end solutions utilizing Oracle Cloud products, with a primary focus on Oracle Cloud Applications and Oracle Integration Cloud.
- Sets, communicates, and enforces internal development standards, naming conventions, etc.
- Chairs our internal Architecture Review Board (which also governs new technology acquisition) and drives its maturity.
- Analyzes industry, technology, and market trends to determine their potential impacts on the enterprise.
- Leads technology innovation pilots that are aligned to organization business technology strategy.
- Understands business process and helps find efficient and innovative technology solutions.
- Understands cybersecurity impacts and works closely with cybersecurity team to mitigate the potential risks and issues.
- Be a strategic thought leader to lead and develop technical talent internally and/or with our key partners.
- Reduces technology cost and complexity by creating synergies and re-use within and across projects, leveraging enterprise tools and existing investments.
- Works closely with all IT partners as ONE IT TEAM.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or 10+ year’s work experience in technical role in lieu of no Bachelor’s degree .
- 10+ years of technical IT experience (preferably Application and Integration Development)
- 2-5 years of experience as a Solution Architect.
- Previous experience in a similar role, including solution architecture, or lead development roles.
- Familiarity with Oracle Cloud Applications and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) a plus
- Exposure to Azure Infrastructure and O365 is a plus.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think critically in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Certifications in Oracle Cloud and/or Microsoft Azure are advantageous.
The salary for this position will be commensurate with education or work experience.
Candidates will be required to successfully complete pre-employment screening, which may include background check, MVR history and a drug test.
Badger Daylighting, and its parent company Badger Infrastructure Solutions Ltd. (TSX:BDGI), is North America’s largest provider of non-destructive excavating services. We work for contractors and facility owners in a broad range of infrastructure industries, including energy generation, electricity and natural gas transmission networks, roads and highways, telecommunications, water and sewage treatment and general municipal infrastructure.
Our key technology is the Badger HydrovacTM, which is used primarily for safe excavation around critical infrastructure and in congested underground conditions. The Badger Hydrovac uses a pressurized water stream to liquefy the soil cover, which is then removed with a powerful vacuum system and deposited into a storage tank. Badger manufactures and designs our truck-mounted hydrovac units, giving us the opportunity to incorporate feedback from our hydrovac operators into existing and future design and manufacturing processes.